Wednesday, May 13, 2009

HDB says "Cats urinate in public areas"

HDB says,

"Cats are not allowed to be kept in HDB flats as they are difficult to be confined within the flats. The nuisances caused by cats such as shedding of fur, defecating/urinating in public areas, noise disturbance etc would affect the environment and neighbourliness in our housing estates. In view of this, HDB has the policy of not allowing cats to be kept in HDB flats."

The Electric New Paper :

Do more to deter urinating in lifts of this old HDB block

I AM writing to say that I am fed up with someone frequently urinating in the lifts of Block 93, Paya Lebar Way.

Almost every morning on my way to work, as I step into one of the lifts, I am greeted with the foul smell from a puddle of urine.

This makes the ride down in the lift most unpleasant. It is as if someone is treating the lift like a public toilet.

Lifts in some other housing blocks are fitted with devices like cameras to deter people from doing such dirty deeds.

But I get the impression that these high-tech gadgets are usually found in better looking blocks. Is it because Block 93 is a rather old building that the Marine Parade town council has not done the same for our lifts?

I have called the town council a few times to report the problem of urine in the lifts. Each time I was told that the matter would be looked into.

But the problem has persisted.

I really hope the town council can do something about it.

FROM READER EDWARD TAN