Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why let dog roam about in first place?

The Electric New Paper :

Why let dog roam about in first place?

I REFER to the report, 'Why didn't driver stop to help my dog?' (The New Paper, 10 Aug).
13 August 2009


I REFER to the report, 'Why didn't driver stop to help my dog?' (The New Paper, 10 Aug).

After reading the report, I think that the dog owners have nobody else to blame but themselves.

In the report, it was quoted that the dog was always let out on its own to roam around.

I think this showed that the dog owners didn't take responsibility but wanted others to be responsible for its death.

I think it is unfair to the other party.

I won't say the driver is right, but the owners are also in the wrong.

Singapore is so urbanised with cars everywhere.

What do you expect when the dog runs on to the road? It becomes a road hazard to motorists.

There are a few points I would like to highlight.

First, why weren't the owners following the dog when it was 'roaming' around the estate?

Second, why was it not leashed?

Third, why take it for granted that it will always go on the same route?

I think not only the driver should be fined for the 'hit-and-run' but also the owners for this irresponsible act which led to the dog's death.

READER TAN SHAO KEN