Sunday, March 7, 2010

HDB ban unfair to cat lovers

The Electric New Paper :
CAT DISPUTES IN HDB FLATS
HDB ban unfair to cat lovers
I UNDERSTAND that the cats created a mess along the corridors and obviously, if I am in the residents' shoes, I will be unhappy.
07 March 2010

I UNDERSTAND that the cats created a mess along the corridors and obviously, if I am in the residents' shoes, I will be unhappy.

But I am disappointed by HDB's regulation against keeping cats in the flats.

I am a pet lover and a cat lover. And I feel it is unfair to us cat lovers to have cats banned in HDB flats, while dogs are allowed (with some restrictions on size).

If cats are toilet-trained, they will not be a nuisance to the neighbours.

If you want to promote cohesion and fairness in the community, why ban cats in HDB flats?

If the cats are noisy, what about dogs? Dogs bark loudly. Dogs kept by neighbours have sometimes disturbed my sleep.

I feel that as long as the owner knows how to take care of the cats and as long as they are not a nuisance to others, cats should not be banned in HDB flats.

As a cat lover, it pains me to witness the unfairness of the regulation. Cats are not a threat at all.

The people who complained have to learn how to love the cats and adapt to them just as I adapt to the dogs taken care of by my neighbours.

HDB should reconsider this regulation to be fair to all.

FROM READER SITI FARRIANNA NURBAIN M R