The Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support is a collaboration of 3 No-Kill animal welfare organizations in Japan; HEART-Tokushima, Animal Friends Niigata and Japan Cat Network.
2. The Animal Refuge Kansai has also set up a fund for their shelters. They're currently preparing for an influx of animals from disaster areas.
“Here at ARK we are preparing for what might be a huge influx of animals. We already have some facilities in place and a team of experienced staff able to deal with traumatised animals. We may have to build emergency shelters as well. The logistics of getting animal from the Tohoku/Sendai area is immense since roads and other transport links have been cut and may take time to restore. Our only means to get animals down to Osaka may be by helicopter, which was one method we used after the Kobe earthquake.”
3. The Animal Miracle Foundation & Network is collecting cell phones to send to volunteers.
We are collecting cell phones to send to the volunteers helping animals in Japan. Many volunteers don't have phones and need them to effectively communicate with each other. Please make sure the phone works and don't forget to include batteries and any accessories that may come with it. Thanks friends! Send to: Animal Miracle Network 4804 NW Bethany Blvd. Suite 12-197 Portland, OR 97229.
4. The Search Dog Foundation is deploying six canine disaster search teams to assist with the rescues. You can find out how you can help on their website.
5. Join the Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support Facebook group for up-to-date information on how to help.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
5 Ways You Can Help Animals In Japan
1. Donate to the Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support Group.