Thursday, March 5, 2009

POEM BY THE ANIMALS

Fruits….meant to be eaten!

From Dreamy’s Blog:

http://living-vegan.blogspot.com/2007/11/poem-by-animals.html

I will never see the sun rise

I will never see it set

I will never feel a kind touch

I will never be a pet

I will never feel love

For I will not be loved

As I’m led to my murder

Being prodded, poked and shoved

As they cut my tender skin

I wondered who would care

If anybody out there

Would consider my despair

For you did not see me die

And you did not see me bleed

You did not hear me cry

For the meat that you don’t need

You did not watch them kill me

You could not feel my pain

You will try not to think of me

As you blindly eat again

I was the cow you ate on Monday

The pig you had midweek,

I was the turkey for your Christmas,

I was the calf you liked to eat

I was the chicken in your sandwich

The duck you had for tea

I felt pain beyond belief

But you never thought of me

Because thinking can be painful

And you refuse to see

That for every time you eat meat

Those animals must bleed

The cow was killed for Monday

The pig was scalded too

The turkey lived for 16 weeks

And the calf had died for you

The chicken lived inside a cage

The duck could hardly move

And all of this suffering

Occurred for so called food

I fail to see a reason

As there is no need

When humans eat my meat

It is purely for their greed

You may think you’re above me

That you have advantage

But a kind, innocent creature

Is better than a savage

So next time you’re out shopping

Try to feel some guilt

For those animals have died

For your eggs, your meat and milk

My heroes are those people

Who will not bite into me

So I ask a simple favour

And please stop eating meat

I’m asking for the cows

The pigs and all the sheep

I’m asking for the birds

Who are more than just some meat

They can’t speak themselves

So please lets be their voice

Every one born into this

For them there was no choice

For you did not see me die

And you did not see me bleed

You did not hear me cry

For the meat that you don’t need