Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Boycott animal products to stop animal cruelty

MY PAPER TUESDAY OCTOBER 20, 2009

MY SAY

I WAS shocked and disturbed after reading Kong Soon Wah’s commentary, “Buying a fur coat?

Watch this video first” (my paper, Oct 19).

I was sad to read about raccoon dogs and other animals which have been cruelly killed for their fur, which is used to make luxury goods.

Since I was young, I have never bought goods made of leather or animal parts.

I have also told others not to buy me gifts made of fur or animal skin.

I would like to urge governments to impose hefty penalties on those who perpetrate such cruelty towards animals.

I would also like to encourage everyone to play their part by not buying products made from animal parts.

Such cruel practices will stop only when there is no demand for such products.

Mr Ace Kindred Cheong