Friday, April 2, 2010

Injured dog: 'They were strangers, but they worked together.'

ST Forum
Apr 2, 2010
Bouquets

Injured dog: 'They were strangers, but they worked together.'

MS AGNES LAM: 'On March 4, I had just finished my run along Boon Lay Way when I saw two men standing around a maltese dog in front of Jurong East swimming complex. Curious, I went over and realised the dog was sitting on the double yellow line, and the men were trying to protect it from the heavy traffic. One of their partners tried to call the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, while the other watched out for traffic. One man directed traffic, and one uncle tried to cover me while I coaxed the dog onto the pavement. As we could not reach the authorities and the dog was bleeding profusely, these passers-by, including two other women, gave me money to take a cab to the nearest vet clinic. Their actions really touched my heart. They were strangers, but they worked together to save a stray dog. I would like to thank them and tell them the dog is doing great.'